"Should I repair my heating system, or would it make more sense to replace it now?" That is a question we hear from many homeowners in the Fayetteville area. Deciding between heating repair and replacement isn't always easy, especially when your heating system may still have a few years of life left. As trusted local HVAC experts here in Arkansas, we're here to help you make the best decision for your home and wallet.
When It's Time for a Heating Repair
If your furnace is less than 10 years old, chances are it can be repaired and then continue heating your home for at least a few more years. Here are a few situations which may call for a repair over a replacement:
- Minor damage such as electrical issues, faulty ductwork, or blocked drain lines
- Repair costs fall below 25% of the cost of a new unit
- Monthly energy bills have increased by less than 10% since last year
- Your system has been fixed less than twice over the last 10 years
- Your current furnace is properly sized for your home
When It's Better to Replace
In some situations, even if your furnace has not reached the end of its estimated life span, it makes more financial sense to replace it. Upgrading to a high efficiency, properly sized furnace can boost energy efficiency, enhance home comfort, and even improve indoor air quality. Here are some times when furnace replacement may be the better option:
- Your furnace is close to 15 years old
- Damage is more severe, such as a crack in the heat exchanger
- Repairs would cost more than 25% the cost of a new unit
- Monthly energy bills have increased by over 10% since last year
- Your system has been replaced two times or more in the last 10 years
- Your current furnace is undersized or oversized
Let Burton Wright Assess Your Furnace
If you're experiencing home comfort issues, have the experts at Burton Wright assess your furnace. Whether you live in Fayetteville, Springdale, Bentonville, or Centerton, we'll pinpoint the problem with your furnace and help you decide on the best course of action — whether it's a routine tune-up, a simple repair, or complete replacement.
Then, our trusted local experts will perform the necessary repairs or upgrades, leaving you with a more comfortable and efficient home.